Vi-Pre Endurance Formula - The Breakdown.
Vi-Pre Endurance is our Nootropic Pre Workout and Workout Enhancer formulated to aid cognitive and physical performance in Endurance based sports.
L-Arginine is an amino acid that is readily available in some food sources. As a dietary supplement L-Arginine is mostly used by athletes as it directly produces nitric oxide. Nitric oxide formation in the body leads to expanded blood vessels and increased blood flow, Arginine is shown to reduce the oxygen cost during moderate-intensity exercise and enhance high-intensity exercise tolerance - http://jap.physiology.org/content/early/2010/08/19/japplphysiol.00503.2010
Nitric Oxide itself also acts as a powerful Lactic Acid buffer during exercise.
BCAA’s (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine)
Amino Acids are the building blocks of proteins and Branch Chain Amino Acids are a sub-category of that containing Valine, Leucine and Isoleucine. Leucine is an activator of the protein mTOR, which induces muscle protein synthesis. Isoleucine is able to significantly increase glucose uptake and the usage of glucose during exercise.
BCAA’s have been reliably proven to:
- Enhance exercise capacity - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21297567
- Reduce perceived exertion during exercise - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9124069
Beta-alanine is a form of the amino acid Alanine, which when ingested turns into a potent acid buffer. Strong doses of Beta-Alanine can lead to a harmless tingling feeling called Paresthesia. Supplementation can improve moderate to high-intensity cardiovascular exercise performance.
Studies have shown when compared to placebo groups, Beta-Alanine:
- Increases training volume and reduces the feeling of fatigue - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19083385
- Improves the outcome of exercise - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22270875
- Stimulates lean mass accrual https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659893
- In tested demographics, Improves muscular endurance - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18992136
Rhodiola Rosea is a herb which has traditional usage as an anti-fatigue agent and adaptogenic compound. Rhodiola is popular in Cognition-enhancing supplementation and also poses strong fatigue prevention attributes and has been shown to:
- Increase time to exhaustion - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1525669
- Decrease lactate production and skeletal muscle damage following an exhaustive exercise session - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20308973
Caffeine & L-Theanine
Caffeine is the most popular stimulant available, Vi-Pre includes a moderate amount of Caffeine accompanied by the non-sedative relaxant L-Theanine, the couple compliment each other benefits providing a powerful, non-jittery and sustained source of focus and energy. Independently, Caffeine has been shown to:
- Improve Aerobic exercise capacity - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22142020
- Improve prolonged intermittent-sprint ability https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16540848
- Promote wakefulness - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16541243
Pycnogenol® is a patented formulation of Pine Bark Extract which is shown to:
- Help relax blood vessels, increase blood flow and aids oxygenation of muscle.
- Act as an energy enhancer.
- Aid in muscle recovery and alleviates cramping.
- Enhance sports endurance.
Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12
Vitamins B6 & B12 are amongst the few nutrients that have approved EU Health Claims, between the two they possess:
- ‘Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue’
- ‘Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism’
- ‘Contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism’
- ‘Contributes to normal psychological function’
- ‘Contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system’
- ‘Contributes to normal red blood cell formation’
- ‘Contributes to the normal function of the immune system’
- ‘Contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity’