The miracle morning, a routine formulated and subsequently turned into a New York times best seller, now having sold well over 250,000 copies world wide. Author Hal Elrod has now amassed a following of thousands and turned The Miracle morning into what can only be described as a movement.
Hal developed The Miracle Morning following a life changing car crash, in fact a car crash that left him declared dead for 6 minutes and a subsequently in coma for 6 days. To rebuild his life Hal began one morning at a time and eventually developed 6-step method aimed at changing and building the lives of others.
The elevator pitch for the miracle morning goes a little something like:
‘What if you could miraculously wake up tomorrow and any—or every area of your life was transformed? What would be different? Would you be happier? Healthier? More successful? In better shape? Would you have more energy? Less Stress? More Money? Better relationships? Which of your problems would be solved? Enter The Miracle Morning. What’s now being practiced by thousands of people around the world could perhaps be the simplest approach to creating the life you’ve always wanted. It’s been right there in front of us, but this book has finally brought it to life.’
Whilst that may sound a little audacious, I myself read the book and religiously practiced the routine each morning for 30 days and still implement some of the steps every morning, 2 years on.
Miracle morning routine broken down.
As aforementioned The Miracle Morning Contains 6 steps, known as The S.A.V.E.R.S:
- Silence - Sitting in silence, clearing your mind. This could be doing a deep breathing routine, meditation or simply sitting in silence.
- Affirmations - Reading over and affirming a list of your commitments. These may be personal, vocational or even pertaining to your relationships.
- Visualisation - In depth Visualisation of you achieving your goals.
- Scribing - In other words, journaling. This step Is for your to journal what you are grateful for, what you are proud of, what you could have done better and any changes to your goals.
- Reading - Learn something -or part of something- new, daily.
- Exercise - Elevate your heart rate, reap the benefits of early morning exercise.
The book does not set out a rigid timeframe each step must take, rather it leaves this to the individuals preference/schedule, which can vary each day.
You must read The Miracle Morning book to true understand meaning and benefit behind each of these steps and to effectively follow the S.A.V.E.R.S routine. For the purpose of this blog post, in layman's terms the routine makes you wake up with purpose and make constant progression toward a goal and enforces daily appreciation.
The benefits from following The Miracle Morning are mostly anecdotal, yet Hal has amassed thousands of raving fans which swear by the impact it has had on their lives. Most commonly:
- Deeper appreciation
- Progression toward a goal
- Constant personal development
- More energy
- Greater clarity
- Overcoming limiting beliefs
- Lower stress
The S.A.V.E.R.S method is simple a guideline to a productive morning routine, open to personalisation and thus, I, as the majority of other readers have subsequently adjusted the method.
I strongly encourage you to pick up a copy of the book yourselves, it is available on Amazon.